wattOS is a remaster of Ubuntu Linux in a lightweight fashion that runs quickly with low system requirements. Current versions are based on Ubuntu Linux and the Microwatt edition uses LXDE. The basic list below will give the details of what each is comprised of in general terms, more details are to come.
- wattOS - wattOS - GNOME-based user interface with wattOS specific customizations
- wattOS - Milliwatt - Xfce-based user inferface with wattOS specific customizations
- wattOS - Microwatt - Openbox - LXDE - and other lightweight components that make up the user interface and windowing.
- wattOS - Substation - server version - no gui - with webmin and console capability
Currently the final release is 1.0. Download it here
The reason we started with Microwatt is that we hope that we can strip things down and make the base system clean and efficient and build up components and larger systems from there.
- planetwatt.com - official website