Welcome to the LXDE Help Centre. General information can be found on this page. If you want to contact us, please check out the contact page. For more information, visit lxde.org or click here for screenshots.
I have a problem
- Check out the list of known problems and solutions below.
- Ask your question on the LXDE forum.
- Read LXDE Questions.
Problems and solutions
LXPanel - Fix problems with a black bar
(The following has been tried and tested on Knoppix 6.2 on a system with Intel(R) 945 Express chip-set graphics and a ViewSonic VA1616w wide-screen LCD running at 1366x768)
If you get a black strip/bar on your desktop after LXDE has finished loading, you most probably need to alter Compiz settings.
- To do so, first go to Preferences>CompizConfig Settings Manager in the LXDE menu.
- In the new window that opens, click on `General options`.
- Next, go to the `Display Settings` tab.
- Now enable the check-box for `Detect Outputs`.You should notice the change immediately and now no usable portion of the screen will be masked by any black area.
- Click `Back` and then `Close`.