Who am I?
My name is Og Maciel, born in Brazil but living in the United States since 1991. Graduated from Pace University with a BS in Biochemistry in 1997. Married since 2000 and father of two wonderful girls!
Been involved with Open Source, and more specifically with the Brazilian community since 2005, thanks to incentive from Stephan Hermann. Started as a translator for the Brazilian Team, eventually being appointed as the administrator, and proud leader of the team until 2007.
Currently I work exclusively with upstream projects, committing Brazilian Portuguese translations to GNOME and XFCE, as well as helping out with Openbox and KDE translations. I also maintain a project called Bill Reminder (http://billreminder.gnulinuxbrasil.org), where I get to flex my programming muscles whenever I have some free time.
- Leader of Ubuntu Brazilian Portuguese Translators Team (2006-2007)
- Contributor to the Gnome Brazilian Translators Team
- Founding Member of Ubuntu Brazilian Planet Team
- Spearheaded the creation of the Brazilian Data Miners Team
- Spearheaded the creation of the Brazilian Documentation Team
- Represented Ubuntu at the Linux World Expo in Boston (2006).
- Represented Ubuntu at the Princeton Computer Show (2006).
- Member of Norther New Jersey MySQL User Group (2004-2006)
- Founding member of the Ubuntu United States - NJ Team
- Organizer of Nothern New Jersey Linux User Group (2004 - 2005)
- Wiki: OgMaciel
- IRC: OgMaciel on network chat.freenode.org, irc.gimp.org
- IRC: GnuKemist on network chat.freenode.org
- Jabber: og DOT maciel AT gmail DOT com
- OpenPGP keys: D5CFC202