GPicView about to go fullscreen
|Developer||LXDE Team (洪任諭 or Hong Jen Yee, aka PCMan)|
|Latest version||0.2.5 (from 21 Feb. 2016)|
|License||GNU General Public License, LGPL|
GPicView is the standard picture viewer of LXDE. GPicView features lightning fast startup and an intuitive interface.
- Extremely lightweight and fast with low memory usage
- Very suitable for default image viewer of a desktop system
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Minimal lib dependency: Only pure GTK+ is used
- Desktop independent: Doesn't require any specific desktop environment
- Open source, licensed under GNU GPL
- How to set GPicView to default image viewer:
xdg-mime default gpicview.desktop `grep 'MimeType=' /usr/share/applications/gpicview.desktop | sed -e 's/.*=//' -e 's/;/ /g'`
Note: xdg-utils is needed here. It's a tool released by the Portland project of Freedesktop.org. Most modern Linux distros have this tool installed by default.