|Latest version||0.3.2 (from 22 Sep. 2018)|
|License||GNU General Public License|
LXTerminal is the standard terminal emulator of LXDE. The terminal is a desktop-independent VTE-based terminal emulator for LXDE without any unnecessary dependency.
LXTerminal supports multiple tabs. All instances of program share the same process to reduce memory usage.
- Option to hide the menu bar for saving space
- Option to hide the scroll bar for saving space
- Option to hide the mouse
- Set the buffer size (the number of lines that you can scroll back)
- Change the color scheme (supports truecolor thanks to VTE)
- Specify which characters should be selected with a double click
- Tabs (optionnal)
- Cursor : block or underline, blinking or not
- Keyboard shortcuts
For a minimalist terminal, useful for tilling WM, LXTerminal can be configured to hide the menu bar and the scrolling bar. The tab bar does appear only if a second tab is opened. A right click opens a menu and allows to reach for the options or any elements from the hidden menu bar.