|Latest version||0.4.0 (from 6 Feb. 2021)|
|License||GNU General Public License|
LXTerminal is the standard terminal emulator of LXDE. The terminal is a desktop-independent VTE-based terminal emulator for LXDE without any unnecessary dependency.
All instances of its windows use just a single process. This design results in lower memory usage when multiple terminals are in use.
LXTerminal supports multiple tabs and features graphically driven configuration.
- Change the color scheme (full 24-bit color support by means of VTE)
- Cursor : block or underline, blinking or not
- Configurable buffer size (number of scroll back lines)
- Configure selectable characters when double clicking text
- Tabs (optional)
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Option to hide the mouse
- Option to hide the menu bar
- Option to hide the scroll bar
For a minimalist terminal (useful with a tiling WM), LXTerminal can be configured to hide the menu bar and the scrollbar.
This can be set using the menus, or directly in
hidemenubar should be set to
true in the
There is special handling for tab bars such that it only appears if a new tab is created.
A right click opens a menu and allows to reach for the options or any elements from the hidden menu bar.