There appears to be no official or coordinated LXDE development, A few efforts have been made though. Here are packages for Slackware:
- http://saxenos.com/lxde/ Latest update: July 21 2008
- Eric Hameleers' (Alien Bob's) packages: http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/lxde/ - Includes all the SlackBuilds so that you can see how they are built. The README explains what packages you need as a minimum (they are all in my repository) and how you can configure LXDE to be your default desktop environment in runlevel 3 (console login) as well as in runlevel 4 (graphical login). . Latest update: 15-Sep-2009s
- Massimo Cavalleri's full set of LXDE packages with sources: http://submax.altervista.org/index.php?link=lxde/info.html (There is also experimental trash support for included pcmanfm 0.5.1). Latest update: Unknown
- LXDE is available in the package repositories of the 100 % Slackware compatible distribution Salix OS (http://www.salixos.org).
- Matteo Bernardini (ponce) Slackware packages for slackware-13.37, slackware64-13.37, slackware-current and slackware64-current Latest update: Dec 29 2011 - build scripts for the stable versions are from slackbuilds.org; the current ones are from ponce's slackbuilds.org git fork. You will find some git snapshot tarballs as everything is pretty up-to-date.
(updates last checked for the above packages Chriswaterguy 04:40, 26 February 2010 (UTC))