Is there access by you to the configuration php files of the MediaWiki installation? This version of MediaWiki comes with the Nuke Extension that just has to be enabled. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Nuke I'd really appreciate that addon being enabled. It'll let me delete the entire Category:Spam in a couple clicks... DeathCamel57 (talk) 21:29, 5 November 2016 (UTC)
- By convincing the LXDE people they need to start with a new installation of MediaWiki (the wiki system) and MySQL database - this one contains a lot of rubbish (deleted spam), making the search go very slow. Further, we need some anti-spam tools to be installed. It would be far easier to have FTP access, but I don't know if that's doable.
- I am deleting the spam with a script for Actionaz. This is semi-automated. I use Multi Links to open 100's of tabs at the same time. Once they're loaded, I click run in Actionaz and the spam pages get removed. Some fail (for several reasons) to be deleted. These must be deleted manually. It does not take that long.
- Since I am limited in my technical way of doing things (see above what I need), these days just consist of removing Spam. Since we don't have a unified logon system (for the German wiki, for example) I also have to login and logout several times for different wikis.
- I assume you are running Linux, have a look here to download and install actionaz: http://actionaz.org
- To obtain the script, you can contact me at any time: http://hugsmile.eu/en/contact
- Kind regards,
- Smile4ever (talk) 19:44, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
- I've been using PyWikiBot https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Pywikibot to put spam pages into Category:Spam before I go through and delete it.
- Check it out if you haven't looked into it. DeathCamel57 (talk) 21:29, 5 November 2016 (UTC)