|Developer||The LXDE Team|
|Latest preview version|
|Release date and age|
|Programming language||C, GTK+|
|Platform||Cross-platform (Linux, BSD)|
|Language||Multilingual (more than 35 different languages)|
|License||GNU General Public License, LGPL|
GPicView is the standard picture viewer of LXDE. GPicView features lightening fast startup and intuitive interface.
- Extremely lightweight and fast with low memory usage
- Very suitable for default image viewer of desktop system
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Minimal lib dependency: Only pure GTK+ is used
- Desktop independent: Doesn't require any specific desktop environment
- Open source, licensed under GNU GPL
Developed by 洪任諭 (Hong Jen Yee,aka PCMan) Copyright © 2007, Released under GNU general public license.
- How to set gpicview to default image viewer? Use following command line:
xdg-mime default gpicview.desktop `grep 'MimeType=' /usr/share/applications/gpicview.desktop | sed -e 's/.*=//' -e 's/;/ /g'`
NOTE: xdg-utils is needed here. It's a tool released by Portland project of Freedesktop.org. Most modern Linux distros have this tool installed by default.