|Questions · Support · Installation|
|Utvecklare||The LXDE Team|
|Release date and age||2008-04-20|
|Plattform||Flera (Linux, BSD)|
|Språk||Multilingual (mer än 35 olika språk, bl.a. svenska!)|
|Licens||GNU General Public License, LGPL|
LXDE, Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment, is a desktop environment which is lightweight and fast. It is designed to be user friendly and slim, and keep the resource usage low. LXDE uses less RAM and less CPU while being a feature rich operating system. Because of the low usage of resources it also saves energy. We don't tightly integrate every component of LXDE. Instead, we try to make all components independent, so each of them can be used independently with few dependencies. This makes porting LXDE to different distributions and Unix systems easier. A good starting point is the General Information page, where you find information on system requirements and compatibility. You also find an overview of distributions including LXDE with installation instructions, plus more general installation instructions, information on LXDE components and our future plans on the wiki. More about LXDE on the lxde.org website, the LXDE blogs, and in the LXDE forum.
- PCManFM, is a fast and lightweight file manager with features like Drag & Drop support, tabbed browsing (Similiar to Firefox), Built-in file searching utility, fast load of large directories, File association support (Default application), Thumbnail for image files, Bookmarks support, correct handling of non-UTF-8 encoded filenames and more
- LXLauncher, easy-mode application launcher
- LXPanel, desktop panel, The panel can generate menu for installed applications automatically from *.desktop files. It can be configured from GUI preference dialog, and there is no need to edit config files. The component provides a "Run" dialog with autocompletion.
- LXSession, session manager, The LXSession manager is used to automatically start a set of applications and set up a working desktop environment. Moreover, the session manager is able to remembers the applications in use when a user logs out and to restart them the next time the user logs in.
- LXSession Edit, window manager used in LXDE can be changed, ability to turn on disabled applications
- LXAppearance, theme switcher. You can change the theme, icons, and fonts used by applications easily.
- Leafpad, text editor
- Xarchiver, archiving
- GPicView, image viewer, GPicView features lightening fast startup and intuitive interface.
- LXTerminal, terminal emulator
- LXTask, task manager / system monitor
- LXNM, lightweight network connection helper daemon for LXDE supporting wireless connections (Linux-only)
- Openbox, window manager
- LXRandr, screen manager, manages screen resolution and external monitors
- LXShortCut, an easy way to edit application shortcuts
- LXMusic, minimalist xmms2-based music player
Installationsinstruktioner för olika Linuxdistributioner
|LXDE på Linux|
ArchLinux | Baltix | CRUX | Debian | Fedora | Foresight | Gentoo | Greenie | Hiweed | Mandriva | Myah OS | Pardus | Parted Magic | PUD | PCLinuxOS | Sidux | Slackware | SuSE | Slitaz | TinyME | Ubuntu | VectorLinux | Xandros | XO | (fler)
|LXDE på BSD|
|LXDE på andra Unix-system|
Spana även in http://download.lxde.org för en USB-baserad version och en Live-CD av LXDE.
LXDE designprinciper / Guidelines
- If only several simple APIs of another big library are needed, try to extract them and add them to your program instead of depending on the whole library whenever possible. (Beware of license)
- Only use libraries from other desktops when they are small or efficient enough and have few dependencies.
- Only create a daemon if there is a really good reason.
- Basic configuration options of applications should be editable via GUI whenever possible.
- Keep the user interface simple and intuitive. Never design some geek-style GUI.
- Consider the conventions of both GNOME and Windows, and try to follow the habit of most users. Do not deliberately make the GUI quite different only because you want to be different from Windows. Usability is always the top one concern. Windows might not be good in some areas, but like it or not, most computer users in the world get used to it. Trying to fight your users is apparently unwise.
- Try to shorten the startup time since this greatly affect user experience.
- Try to keep maximal compatibility with lower gtk+ versions (gtk+ 2.6 is preferred). Try to make features requiring higher gtk+ versions optional with proper conditional compilation and compatibility macros.Gtk+ version can be check in C program like this:
#if GTK_CHECK_VERSION( 2, 10, 0 ) /* write some gtk+ 2.10+ specific stuff here */ #endif
Bidra till utvecklingen av LXDE
|Bidra med det du kan|
Hämta källkoden för LXDE i vårt subversion-förråd på sourceforge
svn co https://lxde.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lxde/trunk/ lxde
Publish free content about LXDE with our friends
Upload your freely licensed media - photos, screenshots, audio, videos, interactive content to the commons project and tag it LXDE
Grab LXDE Press Releases and write LXDE news for the free-content news resource on the net
Translate and script the name of LXDE into other languages
Write a free LXDE textbook or manual
Publish a free course and other learning materials about LXDE
Set up a blog with the free and open source blog cms Wordpress and start writing about your experience with LXDE
Write entries about LXDE or help improve pages about LXDE and its components on the biggest encyclopedia of the world
Publish your content about LXDE using a free license of the Creative Commons Project
Write a song about LXDE and publish it under the free art license at Jamendo